Jujube Fruit Energy Ball Recipe
These energy balls are so quick and easy to make and are the perfect little bites to fill a hole between meals if you need a quick energy boost!
What I love about making energy balls is that you can use pretty much whatever you’ve got in your cupboard, so feel free to swap out any of the ingredients below for whatever you’ve got lying around that’s of a similar consistency, or play around with the measurements depending on your taste!
- 40g Abakus dried jujube fruits (soaked in warm water for 5 minutes)
- 5g organic cacao powder
- 20g any nuts of your choice
- 40g desiccated coconut
- 20g shelled hemp
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- Blitz up all ingredients bar the ground flaxseeds and chia seeds in a blender (the consistency should be slightly wet and sticky, so add some water if your consistency is too dry)
- Stir in the ground flaxseeds and chia seeds by hand
- Using a tablespoon for portion size, roll the mixture into 8-10 balls depending on how big/small you want them
- Pop in the fridge and enjoy!